How to appeal an admissions decision
As an academy Belleville School is its own admissions authority. However, admissions to Belleville are still processed by Wandsworth Council’s Pupil Services Section. Additionally, the school contracts to the Wandsworth Education Appeals Service to organise admissions appeals. The Educational Appeals Service is an organisation that runs independently of all local schools and the Council. Further details about the service and making admissions appeals can be found at the bottom of this page.
Timetable for admissions appeals
- Appeal forms to be completed and returned to the Appeals Service no later than 20 school days following notification of the decision that an application has been unsuccessful. In the case of the main round of appeals for primary school entry for 2017, appeal forms should be with the Appeals Service by 18th May 2017. Appeals lodged after these dates will be heard within 40 school days of the appeal deadline or 30 school days of being lodged, whichever is the later date.
- Appellants will be sent a letter by the Appeals Service notifying them of their hearing date no later than ten school days in advance of their appeal hearing.
- The admission authority, Belleville School, will be expected to supply its evidence to the Appeals Service at least ten working days prior to the hearing.
- The Appeals Service will send the appeals papers to parents, the appeal panel, etc. seven working days in advance of the hearing date.
- Appellants will be asked to submit any additional evidence relating to their appeal by no later than five working days prior to the hearing. The Appeals Service will circulate without delay any additional information received to all parties to the hearing.
- Parents wishing to appeal should be directed to contact the School Appeals Service on 020 8871 7554.
Appeals forms and guidance